Thursday, August 10, 2006

My First WWdN Invitational*

So I've kinda abandonned the experiment. After reaching a peak of about 60 bucks from my original $1.00, I pissed it all away. It was a combination of cold cards and donk moves (some on my part, some on my opponents' parts). Busted. So sad.

So a couple days ago, I was reading Wil Wheaton's blog (wilwheaton.typepad.com) and thought, "Hey, Wil Wheaton hosts a tournament, from the recaps on Cardsquad (www.cardsquad.com) it sounds like a lot of fun." And hey, who doesn't like playing against folks who worship "The Hammer"? Hell, I almost dropped it myself tonight in the spirit of the evening.

So after picking up a couple chests of drawers from IKEA (Swedish for 'frustration') I hauled ass home, juiced up the pokerstars account and signed up. I guess tonight was my night. The cards just kept on coming and coming and coming until I was last man standing (or sitting) at the table.

To illustrate the run of cards I had: at one point, I stole away to put together a drawer from the aformentioned Nordic furniture without "Sitting out" (bad online player. tsk tsk...). I looked up from turning the Allen wrench to see I had a hand. I ran over to the computer just in time to see 2 red aces fold! D'oh! That's me, the guy who lays down aces (they probably would have been cracked). I think I had them two more times during the evening, along with cowboys once and the Hiltons twice.

So anyway, the long and short of it is, the WWdN tournament is a whole lot of fun and I'll be back again. Hopefully Wheaton's back after the WSOP. I totally wanna scoop a pot from him and drop a "Chopper. Sick balls" on him.



*Disclaimer: One of the guys in the tournament asked if I had a blog and said he'd link to it. Instead of keeping quiet, I mentionned this one, so now I've been shamed into posting at least once more. Who knows? Maybe this is me turning a new leaf...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home